View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #30
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I got the software updated after some difficulty at the dealership; they wanted the part and serial # from the box (which I'd already thrown away) or the bag (which I'd already thrown away). After some very unhappy exchanges with the tech and service mgr the shop foreman offered to help and then 30m later told me the authorization code I had was used already and there was nothing I could do. I left, unhappy, but got a call this morning that GM contacted them last night and said they'd do it but I wouldn't get the TSCS rebate with my auth code (to save the $50 they charge the dealership for the phone call).

Afterwards I got a call from the dealership saying it didn't work. I picked the car up and had the same problem HumanWiki had and after stopping for gas on the way home the rest of the menu came up. The door panels don't light up and the strip around the LCD screen is lit but doesn't respond to color change demands so I'll be checking my wiring later (I can't remember if I unplugged the control module while waiting to finish the wiring or not). Fingers crossed it is an obvious/easy fix - some of those connectors were BITCHES to get to.
I hope you get it worked out and it is something simple on your end. I bought the upgrade when I ordered my 1SS as a LPO. It came in a box in the trunk but I wanted to install it myself so I did just that. When I took it in to get programmed the first time they kept telling me I did not have something wired right. I knew that was not the case but after them trying on their end for 3 hours I told them I would take it back home and go back through everything again. Everything lit up with my tester so took it back a couple days later after I talked to a GM engineer and they said it was on the dealerships end because they only flashed the BCM like the paperwork said but they would also have to flash the HMI. So after all of that and telling them what they needed to do we got it all work. Even though it was a pain in the ass to install I am happy I went with the upgrade and it's working properly. I am going to try to do the radio next week.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote