Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #99
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Really, it's going to depend on how well the GT PP2 tracks. Can it sustain multiple laps without overheating the diff or transmission? If performance is close to the 1le, and price is close to the 1le....then Ford would have likely met its goal. This is a refresh after all. This would allow anyone that isn't keen on the camaros visibility issues, styling ques or lack of cabin/trunk room another option.
I'm sure the new PP2 will be better than the regular PP but I don't see it being competitive with the 1LE for two reasons.

1. The regular PP on the 14-17 GT could barely compete with the 5th gen 1LE, which was comparable to a new base SS but still slightly below. So even with power upgrade and better suspension I don't think it will be close, though if it gets a tire upgrade that could significantly shorten the gap, by that I mean the new PS4s, but I think these will be reserved for the non-R GT350s.

2. The 1LE is competitive with the GT350 TP right now, (PERFORMANCE WISE!!!) and Ford would be stupid to make this ne PP GT as fast as a GT350. Now will it be a hell of a lot closer to 1LE performance? Absolutely! And probably for less $$ too. That said if they don't jump the price of the base GT and regular PP I think that PP2 as a package will be priced close to the 1LE package, probably around $5-$5.5k. This could make it more likely to keep those people that can't quite afford a 350 from buying a 1LE(because there are already of few of them on here!).

just my opinion.