Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #57
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The vast majority of the difference in performance between the GT350R and regular GT350 is the carbon fiber wheels, which are crazy expensive, not the tires (although they do make a significant difference). AND, you can't compare the regular GT350 with a carbon fiber wheel upgrade to a 1LE without the same upgrade. Why not compare a stock GT350 to a 1LE with a carbon fiber wheel upgrade? Or both with carbon fiber wheels. Are you trying to stack the deck here?
It’s funny, I have yet to see any data showing exactly how much of the GT350Rs performance advantage comes from the wheels VS tires, have you? You do also realize that the R sports .5 inch wider tires in the front and back don’t you?

As for the rest of your rhetoric, It’s a bit difficult to discern the point you are trying to make. I’d love to respond, but quite frankly, I don’t understand what your point is.

Quote:
I stated this earlier in this thread, but perhaps you missed it:

The 2018 GT350/GT350R will have NO CHANGES other than available colors. NONE! No upgraded tires, no suspension or chassis upgrades from the PP2 or whatever, no flux capacitor, no Saturn V rocket engines, no "whatever you are going to make up next" either. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. This is straight from Ford. You get some different choices in color. That's it. End of story.
I didn’t miss it.

Do you honestly think that Ford is going to equip the GT PP with better tires than the GT350? You do realize don’t you that Michelin is phasing out the MPSS that was on the 15-17 GT350 in favor of the new (better) PS4 don’t you.

While ford did release a statement to dealers noting no changes will be done, some (such as the tires) have to be. It’s not far-fetched to believe they will sneak in a few minor upgrades either. This would not be the first time a manufacturer made updates without notifying the public.

Quote:
But it will be even heavier (all that stuff is going to add some weight), it will still have an inferior chassis and base suspension.
LOL, based on what information? You have no clue if it’s going to be heavier or lighter. It is quite possible they offset any weight gains with the sheet metal and chassis changes. What you are saying is pure speculation, not fact as you have presented it. You do realize they will be offering lighter weight forged wheels don’t you (tons of un-sprung weight in there)? The same goes with the “inferior chassis” comment. Is it inferior? Who the hell knows. If it is able to get close to or match the 1LE performance, you could argue the chassis could be equal. Hey, I recognize the alpha platform as being phenomenal, but the “alpha platform” superiority complex is huge in here.

Quote:
Will it be faster than a comparably equipped SS? Time will tell... We need to see how much bump the HP and TQ get, and how much the 10 speed auto helps.
Quite possibly, the only thing I agree with you on in here. IMHO, the 10 speed is going to provide a serious bump in acceleration performance.

Quote:
Will it be faster than a 1LE? Not on your life. Why? Because that would make it faster than the non-R GT350. That ain't going to happen.
I have yet to see any information with a head to head between the 1LE and GT350 non R. Will it be faster than the 1LE? Again, who the hell knows. With a similar power to weight ratio, similar suspension, better tires…it quite possibly could down to tenths.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote