View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #13
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Deceleration "popping", "Gurgle" what ever you want to call it is from the fuel cutoff and the air giving air in the exhaust with the heat of the exhaust and the excess fuel causing it to ignite with those little damn near glowing o2 sensors helping and the element of the cat and any surface that can help to hold heat and ignite the fuel with air. Yes there are intake and exhaust back fires the latter being more pronounced and getting your attention.

With more radical cams I would have to change the elements of those foam LYNX Edelbrock filter elements over the years from small flameouts in Small block Chevy's but liked their look. And their reusable filter elements. Then "gurgle", not a good description unless your choking the decal popping to more mellow sound than having the exhaust more wide open where it does "pop". The sound is the fuel catching fire in pulses when there is enough air to ignite it in the exhaust suddenly causing the pops.

Its just awesome sounding to down shift with the exhaust open coming up to a stop or where needed and pronounce that yes your not just another Camaro on the road as the ricers dream of being able to make the sound and spend late nights with their Fart trumpets blowing furiously trying to be like us only to always come up short, or Farty sounding and just make them tin cans Scream "Douche Bag" coming down the road lookout its a Honda boy....LOL As yes they by far are a Plaque and Kids don't let your babies grow up to be Ricers.....

http://www.revheads.com.au/images/Pa...p/LYNX1000.jpg

Now some guys who are more of a tuner are not what you will see more on the road around here its more of guys slapping FI on the little engine and then doing suspension mods and driving around in parking lots by cones sure it looks fun even see Corvettes doing it, but you cannot listen to them for long before you notice how damn raspy they deliberately try to alter their exhaust to be and just how Ass Clown it is with the Butt Trumpets managing to make some little popping sound from a weak POS even if they have made it work right and its just damn hilarious to roll up to a stop downshifting next to them and make their EGO go in the toilet , then take off next to their enormous Fart trumpets and not only blow their doors off but also drown out their Obnoxious noise with V-8 Roar.
It makes me feel like Dr.Evil saying "Yes its a v-8 Baby" with my pinky in my mouth at the stop light....as yes I have been asked that and many other things just trying to wait for the Light.... SO yes that's my rant, " It's a V-8 Baby" WOMP, WOMP, WOMP, pop pop pop pop .
OMFG!!!! ROFL....readin my mind bro???