View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #42
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I know you are not doing this, but people need to understand this is grassroots motorsports and everything is funded by the competitors themselves and people competing in SCCA Solo/Pro Solo, or in the SCCA Championship Tour rarely have the money to upgrade to the best vehicle for their class every year. So even if a car has a profound advantage over its competition, like the 6th Gen Camaro SS does, it usually takes 1 to 2 years before it will start make its presence known in competition like this. I am actually surprised that there will be 7 drivers in 2016 Camaro SS's this year at SCCA nationals.

There are 4 competitors from my neck of the woods going to nationals this year, 2 are in 2015 Mustang GT's and the other two are co driving a 2016 Camaro SS. When they compete at my local events I am happy to just be close. I also see Ryan (the OP) is signed up too. So Ryan, if you check back on this thread before you head out to Nationals Good Luck!

Edit to add: When you speak about our "brethren" I know exactly who you are talking about, he who should not be named who uses regional results where half of the competitors could be novices for all anyone knows to "prove" his point about one cars superiority over another. Regardless, since the switch to 200 treadwear tire limit in Street classes for the 2014 season, the highest Mustang finish in FS at Nationals was 3rd place, and if a Mustang doesn't win this year that will be a 3 year shut out. Just incase anyone was keeping track.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you.

A few of those 2016 SS drivers signed up for Nationals in FS are GM employees, FYI. They are all pretty good drivers and I know of the cars setup, which is nothing all that extravagant (285 RE71R square on 19" wheels, ZR1 front sway bar and GM Performance shocks that are tweeked). They will likely have an auto and manual car (the auto is quicker on tight courses). I am really glad to see some private people out there too! I'll be there next year.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote