View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 03:20 AM   #45
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
It never fails that the camera battery dies before your best lap! Last Thursday it was extremely crowded and difficult to get a clean lap. It was so bad, I didn't even bother rendering session 2 because it was 20 minutes of just me, sitting in traffic most of the time. Next month I'm going to run in Advanced since it usually has half of the cars as Intermediate.

Just from watching your video I noticed some key differences. Besides you carrying consistently a few more mph than I in the corners, you are braking MUCH later than I am. The biggest difference is in turns 7a/b-10. Once you get the car settled out of 7b, you keep it floored all the way up the hill and I am just not confident enough in my car to hold the pedal down.

Here is what I did capture from the 3rd session before my camera died and I'd be grateful for any advice!
My comments (only because you asked for my opinion ):
I watched the whole video. There're many things to talk about, but one common theme is that you don't seem to be 'in a hurry' anywhere. Once you start opening back your steering wheel, while you're doing so, you should also increase your gas input. More straight the steering wheel, more torque tires will take without braking loose, and you can gain vast times from that alone. Another part is the braking; as you've also noticed, you should brake much later. Another thing is using the track. These cars are already as wide as a train; you need to use the whole track, especially at the corkscrew, the beginning of the front straight, where your exit speed matters the most.

I'd highly recommend that you pick a few corners (like 2, 8, 11, and 13), and work hard on accelerating until a much later point and braking harder. You should also try to use more of the track, since not doing so will get you to your tires' limits much sooner.

On another note, I think you can benefit from wider front wheels.

This is what I used as reference to your comments, and assumed you mean 8a/8b when you said 7a/7b:
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote