View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
LaN-

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
Question Help me get a straight answer on Hawk HPS / PC

So after searching through years of posts, I've come to this realization....

Hawk HPS provide better performance than the stock pads and have 50% or more less brake dust......BUT there are a large number of users complaining about super high pitch noises. Some have resolved the issue by doing Hawk's bedding procedure, while others have not.

Hawk CP 50% of people report a performance gain over stock while the other 50% report more fade. Almost all report little to no brake dust.

My main reason for new pads is brake dust. After litterally 5 miles of driving my entire rear end is covered in brake dust. I mean covered. Having a white car makes it even worse. Initially my thought was to go with the CP pads, but I don't want to lose any braking performance. Sure i'll have 0 brake dust, but i'll need a new front bumper

IF....the HPS pads greatly reduce the brake dust so I can go a few days or a week without having to wash the car I'll be happy. Although that's only if I don't have to sounds like a bus when stopping.

Also I have less than 6k miles on my car and if possible would like to just swap the pads and leave the rotors as is. Does anyone have any info regarding this as well?

Side note.....I'm not stuck on Hawk pads, they just seem to be what everyone talks about.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
LaN- is offline   Reply With Quote