View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #409
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
Camaro sales do seem to be tanking a bit, however car sales in general are tanking while truck/CUV sales are soaring.
Car sales are definitely down across the board, but if that were the reason, the Camaro would still be beating the Mustang - everyone would be taking a hit in proportion.

What's happening here is a massive shift. The Camaro is so expensive, people would rather have a Mustang for a lot less money, or a Challenger with a lot more interior room. For the first time ever, the Challenger is routinely beating the Camaro, which is the scariest part of all. The Challenger has always been the most expensive by far. Not so anymore.

Rebates won't fix the issue, either. It's the MSRP. You could get a fully loaded 5th Gen with every option for $40,000. Now it's over $50,000. Nobody wants a $53,000 Camaro. That's how much a loaded Camaro costs now with taxes and fees.

To this day, I've only seen ONE 6th Gen on the road - a black V6 - and that was at least 3 months ago. And I live in Philadelphia. The roads are jammed packed with cars all the time. Nobody has a 6th Gen. The Mustang, on the other hand, seems to be every 15th car I see.