View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 03:56 PM   #7
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I think 2 things are happening. First, you should be using a brake pad specifically designed for the track. There are a LOT of varying opinions on which ones are best, but for me I've been happy with the Hawk HP+ on my stock (engine) SS automatic. They're easy to find and aren't too expensive. Faster cars and drivers probably need better pads than what I run. I also have brake ducts installed with helps a lot with heat management.

Second, you're probably slowing down too much before the turn in. That's just more heat and wear on the brakes if you're slowing down to say, 35 mph when you should be turning at 45 mph. I have a habit of doing this too. Ask your instructor next time to work with you on turn in speeds.

So, with that in mind, you probably over cooked your stock brake pads. I'd take the car to a trusted mechanic and have him look at the pads and rotors and see if you need new pads or not or if you need to have the rotors resurfaced.

Out of curiosity, when the dealer changed your brake fluid, what did they replace it with?

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote