View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 11:46 PM   #10
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpilot View Post
I have been doing lots of short hops (letting temps get up) then parking for 30-40 minutes to let her cool a bit. Planning on Mobil 1 at 500 miles then just driving normal. I am not taking her to the track until she has at least 5000 miles because I want to use that time to learn her quirks. Just didn't want to put 2500 highway miles on her if people that know better thought it was a bad idea. I appreciate everyones input
I admire your care for the car.. but you're seriously over doing it beyond measure. your car has been redlined already.... your car is going to work or not work.. Period. 5000 miles BEFORE u even put it on a track? Not sure what there is to learn and not learn. All the cars are the same. Only quirks are interior flaws you need to find with driving. But how your car runs now, will run the same in 5k miles. Given a few components might brake due to bad luck, just enjoy the car. Put a catch can on it for that peace of mind, and drive the car.

PLENTY of people buy brand new cars and from the DEALERS lot, take it on 1k road trips back to their home towns.. All seem to be ok!
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote