View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #21
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
Let me try and translate this into my English and you tell me if I got this right...

You have a friend with a (5th gen?) Z/28 that is an excellent driver and couldn't get the car to turn well at autocross events.
He then swaps the rear sway bar for a 1LE bar, and installs coilover shocks that have softer rear springs and stiffer front springs. (Softer and stiffer than what?)
Now, he can't be beat at autocross events.

Did I get that right?

Sincerely asking, not trying to be an ass.
Yes. He has always been one of the top drivers, previous car was a 1le.Havent talked to him as to why, probably what many have posted here. Rear Tire not getting traction would do it. Z28 is a track car not autocross. Bump setting is high and suspension is very stiff, probably to stiff for auotcross. You need to get the car to lean a bit and transfer wieght to the front tires and get tne car to rotate around the turns. To stiff and no bueno. Z28 spring rates are 305/610 or so, coilovers are 350/450, and changing rebound and bound dials it in. With settings he was gi en to use car is spot on. First time out on the coilovers he placed second in scca cam c class.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote