Thread: Ottawa Chat
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #156
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
After contacting 4 shops in Ottawa, 2 in Toronto and 1 near Montreal. I feel I've done my due diligence.

From those that would provide detailed info about their work, I received quotes ranging from $3200 to $5050 for a cam install and custom tune. Some shops do not have a chassis dyno and that ruled them out. Some had negative feedback (expressed to me by previous customers) and that ruled them out.

Only one shop had just about everything going for it. Thanks to RickRay for steering me towards Performance Redline in Valleyfield QC. Robert was great about getting me all the info I needed, his shop has a chassis dyno, he has the experience tuning the LS3, I didn't come across any negative feedback and his quote was extremely competitive. While not as close to me as shops in Ottawa, he is much closer than those in & around Toronto.

So, all this to say...I made up my mind and pulled the trigger. KPSUSYNG is booked in for May 16 at Performance Redline for a cam swap & tune. Robert says one day for the engine work and one day for the dyno work.

I must admit to being a little apprehensive, as this will be the first time (other than some early warranty work) that anybody else has worked on the car.

My goal was to get the power to the rear wheels up to around 460 and still have nice drivability. Robert has assured me this is perfectly feasible with his choice of cam & tune and the supporting mods already on the car.

Now...my only issue is what to do in Valleyfield for two days.
Also he's GM certified

You can work on my car and try to find that rear end / backseat noise that I had for 6 years now (might have an idea though)
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set

Last edited by RickRay; 04-18-2016 at 05:56 PM.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote