View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
I take it this must be on extremely low boost? Somewhere in the 5-6 PSI range? Are you running a custom tune?

Also, I didn't happen to see any of your previous dyno runs, but don't LT1's usually put down 400+ HP/TQ bone stock?

Most of my knowledge and experience comes from the 5.0 Coyote, so I'm used to seeing much higher numbers...not that these are anything to scoff at. Especially if this is low boost...

Either way, from the pictures I've seen, it looks like a great fit in there. How was the install? Time, cutting/trimming, etc? Looks good.
This is an Auto car. It made 384/402 in stock form. The manuals we have seen as high as 420/420 stock. This power was obtained with 8lbs. The baseline dyno from the car shows 146 RWHP gained and 186 RWTQ. I do expect that a good cold air intake with increase the top end numbers. Tuning wise, we were somewhat conservative also, seeing as how this is a new platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY14SS View Post
Pretty nice! Heartbeat fits like a glove and looks OEM. This combination makes incredible low end torque but it seems like some additional intake breathing will help it in the high end. I will be just a little worried about this much low end torque probably 200lbs more than tranny rating and also traction. This SC is probably 5 psi due to headers and 6 psi with stock exhaust due increased back pressure. Right? Makes more torque than LS3 but dives in sooner probably due to cam. Those looking for FI will enjoy this very much!
I agree! This kit looks like it belongs under the hood of the Camaro. A good intake will surely change things a bit, I would suspect. We knew we were running headers on this car so we spec'd a pulley that yielded 8 lbs with all other mods considered. The low end is unreal and surprisingly, the car makes good use of it unless you are trying to lay a patch, in which case, it does without hesitation. The Auto in these cars is sourced from the Z06 and it is rated at like 738 TQ so it should not be an issue. For what it's worth, we have a car making 1200 hp through a STOCK A6. Not saying that is a good idea but we keep waiting for it to break and with normal driving and the occasional drag race event, GMs auto trans has yet to fail us.

I have a good deal of faith in This new A8 until it proves otherwise.

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote