View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Watching this build from day one has given me a true appreciation for what it takes to accomplish something like this. Kudos to you and Cory Henderson for sticking with it. When things got tough you guys just kept pushing forward.

This "World Record" couldn't be held by a more stand up person and team.

Congratulations bud
Thanks Mike... It's been a journey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Nice story and what an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing. Gives me motivation to install my Black-Iceolator!

Curious as to why the clutch line burned in the first place? Too close to something or worn out insulation? Also, is it the alternator that determines a max of 8700 RPM, or something else...
The clutch line was the original piece, with the rubber section in the middle of it... We had the trans out just a week before and I rerouted it too close to the turbo collector... The heat shielding was even melted... That's entirely on me.. I routed the clutch line after I finished installing the back pressure sensors.. .

As for the alternator, the unit itself didn't like the RPM's. We spoke with the vendor about the harmonic balancer pulley size, engine RPM's etc, and they sized it... They have been good so far and gave us an RMA so it'll be sent back for them to evaluate...

As for the limiter... We had the hard limiter set in ProEFI at 8700, shift light was set at 8200, and I was supposed to react and shift before 8500... When the clutch slapped to the floor and I was already on the gas, it slammed into the hard limiter... So we know it saw 8700, and quit working... It had seen 8500 a couple times with no issue...

Get that car built and come join us... It's a blast...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote