View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #150
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Pics of yours, because the one he shows looks nothing like the one you posted up on the first page.
They are the exact same units as it is a CNC program. The angle if the pictures are different but otherwise they are the same. I posted this earlier in the thread.

That CNC port design was developed through testing and seeing what works the best for airflow. The material that is removed is removed for a reason and the material left is there for airflow and drivability reasons. You can't compare a hand ported throttle body with a dremel to the quality of this piece as well as the performance results. If you're removing material you're not helping the flow or performance and honestly you're compromising the overall performance of the unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwarlock View Post
Please PM me as well. Thx
On it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
I would love to see someone actually quantify their improved throttle response. Everyone makes it sound like there is this incredible lag between your foot and the crankshaft. There isn't. Go log pedal, throttle, and RPM while driving around at a high refresh rate.

Ported TBs are not worth anything. Do you think GM designed the inlet the way they did because they had to find a home for extra aluminum they had on hand? Everyone is looking at WOT gains but not paying any attention to the fact that 99% of the time you are running at low loads low RPM. Those lips have a purpose and the dyno charts don't indicate messing with them is of any value.
That is very hard to quantify but almost everyone that installed these notices an improvement in throttle response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badrwd View Post
Thank you! It's not the same and not fully ported. Crappy part is that even after hearing I wasn't satisfied JDP did not care to contact me to see if there was anything they could to do make things better! Poor customer service on that end! Only thing they did was try to defend theirselves. Didn't even care to look into if a part got through that wasn't up to specs. Defiantly lost a customer

I finished porting the throttle body myself. Not my first rodeo either so yes I know what I'm doing. What a difference it made being fully ported! Before I got the "ported" throttle body from JDP only mods I had were a msd intake manifold and a throttle controller set at 6. I went ahead and put JDPs TB on just for giggles. Didn't feel much of a change at all in throttle response as you hope. Took it off, finished porting it and wow! Throttle response was defiantly noticeable! Used to have the throttle controller set at a 6 and now it's a 4! Big difference with it being fully ported and what you would expect! Happy with it now but shouldn't have had to finish the job myself!
I apologize we didn't get in touch with you after we saw your post. I didn't have your name as this is the forum but we could have certainly sent you a PM. We're here to answer the phone at 801-545-4215 and we're always happy to discuss concerns. We've tracked down your info and left you a voicemail.

JDP Motorsports offers some of the best customer service in the industry and we're always here to help with questions and concerns. We're a phone call or a PM away so don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 03-21-2016 at 02:22 PM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote