View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #44
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
I can help in 2 ways!
My job for the last 25 years has been in Automotive Paint....my Grandfather was one of the best SHOW CAR Painters in the State, and had guys bringing him cars from across the Country while he was alive and Painting!

I also had my 05 GTO Fully repainted at GM's expense!

A good paint shop and painter can put on a much better paint job, than a factory can....why do you think Some of the Top $$ car makers paint by hand?
Most New "Single Owner" Paint shops have treated air, downdraft, high temp ovens, and all the new technology!
Automotive Paint shops now, like GM, have robot operators with LIMITED paint knowledge.
Very few people can tell differences in Mottle, Dry Paint, Strike In, and Thin Base, or fine thinner pop, small dirt, or fine splatter! Most highly trained painters easily know the difference!
My Silver GTO had the same issues as your car...I knew what I was talking about with them and made the GM Reps look foolish...GM authorized me to take my car to anyone that I picked...I chose a nearby shop that specializes in show cars...THE PAINT JOB ON MY GTO IS "SHOW WINNING" STILL TO THIS DAY! That is one reason why I kept this car.
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote