View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #35
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
I voted no with my main reason being that no human can replicate the uniformity of a factory paint finish. I have seen several videos and documentaries and learned that it is just not possible for a human to apply paint within the tolerances of a robot. The thickness of the factory paint is measured in microns and will be uniform over the entire car, with little or no variation.

That said, something went haywire during the process for your car. I really feel your pain, as I am terribly OCD when it comes to the paint on cars. If it were me, I would accept nothing short of a replacement, and would continue to escalate the issue as far up the GM chain of command as possible. If it came to it, and they steadfastly refused to make it right, then I would trade the car for another and take the hit.

I hope and pray that they will give you the replacement, as it is the right thing to do. On the other hand, I think you should not have driven the car. At this point you cannot undo that, but I would stop driving it now. The analogy is that you ordered a steak in a restaurant, ate it, and then complained that it was too well done and tried to get out of paying for it. Or you complained first, but then ate it anyway. What you really needed to do was not accept it. That's just a lecture and does you no good now, but to minimize your potential loss, I would stop driving it until the issue is resolved.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote