View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 12:34 AM   #27
MI68

Drives: 2010 LT RS & 1968 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I guess I'll have to pay a little extra to pass then. I have the stock Airbox and the original headers but refuse to go through the time and money to put the old heavy rusted out headers back on! I totally thought the Shorty's were legal since it said "50 State Legal". I just simply wasn't aware about the whole "CARB" deal.

This was when I first really started getting into cars and modifying stuff. So I made a mistake and should of went with "CARB LEGAL" headers, but oh well. Hopefully the brand I have will get theirs CARB LEGAL since they're currently pending.

I hope the next administration defunds and terminates CARB all together. They've ruined so many businesses! Just a bunch of cold radical liberal extremists bastards in my opinion.
Before spending the big bucks, check with a local exhaust shop, I kind of recall asking my exhaust guy about headers for my 2010 and I think he said shorty headers will pass because they don't interfere with the CATS, but I would check into it to be safe.
MI68 is offline   Reply With Quote