View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #37
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Back in 92 I had a 81 Horizon winter beater. I was rear ended and the 4 door was made into a 2 door. It was towed to a lot and in liu of storage fees, I signed the title over to the towing company and took my little corner with their signature with me. About two weeks later, I got a call from the St. Paul police saying someone driving my car was in an accident and was charged with DUI. Since I had an attorney from the accident as the driver was uninsured and I was injured, he said that even if title is not transferred and I had my corner of the title with the signature on it, that absolves me from any liability.
In your case, if title was handed over and you have the buyers signature, you no longer own the car even if the title is not transferred. I would steer clear of your old car in this case. You would open up an even bigger can of worms.
Exactly right!
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote