View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #128
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
See, I never really liked the 5th gen, and I owned one. It just looked too much like a 11/10 scale '69 Camaro to me, and not in a good way. (no offense to current 5th gen owners LOL.) The changes on the 6th gen are IMO just right, the same basic, classic '69 Camaro shape, yet made smaller, and more aggressive looking. To the point where they will have my business again.

The new Mustang is nice, I won't deny that. But I have two main issues with it. One, the front looks just like my daily driver (a new Ford Fusion), which I obviously think is a good looking car, and I get brand identity, but it's just too close. Two, the fit and finish on the new Mustangs is terrible, and it's very, very common. The hood to fender alinement is bad, and really can't be fixed without lots of work, the rear windows are commonly installed out of whack, and is a royal pain to fix, the bumpers side tabs are too weak and can crease the bumpers, etc, etc. It's all over the forums, and no better for the '16s. I have personally looked at over a dozen close up, and the fit and finish is very disappointing. The fit and finish on my '11 GT is spot on...not sure what happened.
Funny I liked the C5 Camaro, specifically because it was the least retro of the three; sure it was inspired by the '69 Camaro but in my mind it was the most original and cleanly rendered of the three. Plus when it was amongst traffic it stood out with almost a concept car quality.

And I agree with you on fit and finish issues with the Mustang. It's a shame that the plant can't meet the tolerances the design requires. Ford needs to address this asap. And you got luck on your '11, as my 12 came from the factory with fender bolts not torqued down.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote