View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail View Post
Thank you for this! Great info, and I was actually going to make the title "Buying / Leasing A 6th Gen Camaro", and then changed it haha. So great to have the first comment from someone who leases. Also, we do the same. My 08 Accord and our 13 Equinox were cash vehicles. Trust me, I wasn't happy about dropping $27k (after taxes, etc) on the Equinox, but it's the "family" car and I wanted something that would last. Got it with 4k miles on it and with the extended warranty (did a lot of back and forth with this, as I have always been taught not to go for it...but felt I got a good deal and it gives the wife and I peace of mind). I just had my 2nd child 10 days ago, so for us, the Equinox is perfect and should last us at least 4-5 years, if not longer. Of course we can always sell and pay the difference on a newer vehicle down the line if we want.
No problem. And I added some info to my post above. People that are 100% complete anti-lease really don't understand the benefits and have heard the horror stories that used to be around. If you know what you are doing, leasing is a wonderful option. If you don't know what you are doing, you can get screwed. Know the money factor, know the cap cost, and know know the terms, and all else falls into place. And never put money down on a lease to lower your payment. If you turn it in early or wreck the car early and it is a total, that down payment is basically gone. It doesn't do anything for you in the end. You're better putting that money in a savings account and just taking out the difference in payment every month to send to the bank.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote