View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #10
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
I guess, but I would never buy another sports car with this AFM crap on it. Imagine buying a brand new Stingray and then having to void the powertrain warranty by tuning out AFM. As far as affordability, I'm not sure if that's why everyone buys a 6 vs an 8. In some cases, yes. Anyway, I wouldn't call $38K cheap.

My car is better In all seriousness, though, not trying to start a C5 vs C6 war, but just saying, I'm glad I got in when I did with the 5th gen. If I had to buy a new Camaro today, I think I'd be looking at other cars in that price range like Audi, BMW, etc.
Oh I agree. You can get a '16 1SS with NPP for that much which beats a similar priced '15 1LE in every performance metric and actually doesn't look like a 2008 Cobalt on the inside. $38k is also the MSRP which means it had every option available. How many people who look for a deal actually pay that much? You can load a 2015 2LT right now close to that but not have anywhere near the features of the 2016 at the same time. Once the hype wears off, the V6 cars will start having some good deals on them and people will be getting nicely equipped 2LTs for $30k.

And just for reference, my '14 328i MSRP was $50k. It is not even close in terms of features and tech as this 2LT tester has. Not to mention it out performs my 328i in every category except fuel economy. So I know I would never pick a similarly priced BMW or Audi over this 2LT.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote