View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 02:15 AM   #62
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I have an early production '10. The issues that came up were typical for a new car. This car was a completely new car, and had minor issues that were corrected quickly. My car had 3 QC holds prior to me receiving it.

I'm in the group that had a output shaft issue (Tremec problem not a GM problem), I had an oil pump issue that was common for the pump and has since been replaced. My oil cooler wasn't installed correctly (gasket was pinched), my GFX kit was shipped with two left brackets for the long side skirt, and I wouldn't give her up for anything.

I have beat the piss out of my car for the last 78k miles. I'm currently sitting at 900 hp with the same suspect TR6060 that it rolled out of Oshawa with and the stock bottom end. None of the issues were catastrophic, only slightly annoying. My biggest issue is my damn dash has a crack in it.

There is a special feeling you get driving a car that is brand new and demands attention like the 5th gen did. I'm not sure the 6th gen will have that pop, but it could. I'll never part with mine, even after all the "issues".

If you like the car, order it. It's a special feeling watching the progress. If you're lucky enough to get the 1-2nd one on the lot, it's even better watching everyone drool over your new car.