View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #9
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Makes you wonder if the author was hinting at the homologation formula Reuss mentioned in early June
I would love to see a Trans Am series race start again. If Chevy used the C7.R engine and Dodge their T/A Hemi engine to compete with the Ford 350R flat crank it would make for a hell of a series. The homologation of these engines would be the first step. The next step would be a promoter that could make the series a profitable one and be able to sustain it for a while. The TUDOR race series is doing well, is there room for a Trans Am series as well? Would it take a large promoter like NASCAR to back it or could it be done with a small independent group? I personally would love to see a modern Trans Am race series having seen the original T/A series competition and what it did for Z28, Boss 302, Challenger T/A and Cuda AAR car sales. There is an entire generation that never got to see these cars chase each other around the track.

Plus think of all the cool cars there would be for us to buy and the great performance parts that would filter down to street level. If each manufacturer took XXX dollars from their advertising budget equally to start the series, I think it could be done. The races would be huge advertising display for each brand and the grass roots following would be very strong. I just hope the cars are not priced at $75,000 a piece. I say, let's do it!

Last edited by OldJedi; 07-11-2015 at 08:01 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote