View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
depending on how much dust or dirt gets bonded to the surface of the paint, and what weather is coming up in the next 2-3 days. try not to wash any more than twice a week, preferably once. only wipe her down with detail spray when the surface is un-bonded, light dust only. if I know it will be raining the next day or so and I don't have time to do it right I do a foam bath and rinse with the pressure washer. blow dry the sides and dry the top by hand with a waffle weave. takes about 15 minutes or so. then I put the Waffle weave in the "to be washed" basket, and don't reuse until washed. hit any water spot with spray wax if it's really obvious. my regular washes and details are pretty detailed and take a couple hours. more if I am doing interior. My maintenance wash I can knock out in about 35-40 minutes. it's basically washing the wheel wells and wheels, followed by two bucket if really bad or one bucket with grit guard if just light bonded paint. quick pooling rinse, waffle weave dry, hit the sides and wheels with a metro dryer. clean exterior glass, dress tires if need be. work pretty fast and get it done in record time.

Can you tell I am a detail junkie...LOL

do a full spring detail to every inch of the car, then refresh wax/sealant at mid summer, redo wax once a month,

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote