View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:23 PM   #10
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
As we all know there are cars now that when you pull up to a red light and stop your car, the engine actually turns itself off. Then, when you press on the gas petal to go again, the engine starts and off you go.

I have not heard yet if the 6th Gen Camaro's will have something like that or not, but I really hope they don't...or if they do...that it can be turned on or off according to what the driver prefers.

The reason I was wondering is because I believe the V6 LT's to shut down two of the cylinders when under light throttle so as to save gas and the whole reason for Start / Stop technology is for the same thing.

I just can't imagine it not being very annoying to have your engine turn off and on several times when driving anywhere.

I will say this though, these new Camaro's have a lot in common with Cadillac's and so far I haven't heard of any "Start/Stop" Caddy's yet either.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it, and what you think of cars that have it.

Thanks for your time.
I was hoping this technology would make it to the 2016 camaro, but it looks like it won't. It seems like a reasonably cheap and effective way to boost fuel economy in city or stop & go type drive cycles.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote