View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 06:15 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
As we all know there are cars now that when you pull up to a red light and stop your car, the engine actually turns itself off. Then, when you press on the gas petal to go again, the engine starts and off you go.

I have not heard yet if the 6th Gen Camaro's will have something like that or not, but I really hope they don't...or if they do...that it can be turned on or off according to what the driver prefers.

The reason I was wondering is because I believe the V6 LT's to shut down two of the cylinders when under light throttle so as to save gas and the whole reason for Start / Stop technology is for the same thing.

I just can't imagine it not being very annoying to have your engine turn off and on several times when driving anywhere.

I will say this though, these new Camaro's have a lot in common with Cadillac's and so far I haven't heard of any "Start/Stop" Caddy's yet either.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it, and what you think of cars that have it.

Thanks for your time.
Supposedly at least one powertrain option was supposed to get start/stop but that appears to have fizzled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
I would think it would be a real pain in start and stop traffic on a 90 degree day or when the temp was 10 below 0.
A/C and heat still run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Do these cars have electric Ac compressors? How do you stay cool in traffic if it shuts off the engine every time you stop for more than a few seconds.
Pretty sure they run off the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
These are all great points people are making. It's really about the only car technology I am not crazy about (Start/Stop). I think it's a pretty safe bet the Camaro won't have it, as it would have been somewhere online where they'd be talking about it.

One thing I love that the new Cadillac CR6 is going to have is called "Four Wheel Steering". That's when the back wheels move slightly to the Left if you steer the car to the Right (and Vice Versa), I WISH the Camaro's had that!!!
CT6, not CR6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
GMC had that for awhile on their trucks. It was a bust.
Quadrasteer was priced to high heavens, basically nobody could afford it. Plus it was packaged with either Sierra Denali or Sierra 2500, both of which were already expensive trucks.