Thread: Price Cut!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #25
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
Seriously? You really asked that question?

Vette gets better mileage, has a lower cost of ownership,(can we say tires) is more comfortable with more creature features and costs less.

The Stingray beats it in every way except for what the Z/28 was DESIGNED for which is the track.

The Z/28 is not a practical daily driver.

Edit, one other thing, the Vette (not that I would ever choose it if given an option) comes in with an available Automatic as well.
Yep, I asked.

I've owned two Vettes and they are much harder to get in and out of, have less useable interior space, are much more cramped and can only transport two people max.

Yes, it does get better mileage on the highway. City mileage is not that far apart.

I'll give it to you on tires, expect most Z/28 owners who daily drive or drive their cars more than just total track usage, will replace the Trofeos with other performance tires that are well rounded.

Creature comforts/options, yes the Vette has more of them but they are not a necessity for daily driving. Yeah, they give the owner more gadgets/infotainment gismos but they don't make or break a car for daily driving. Some owners want more do-dads, some don't. Nothing wrong with either choice. Just a matter of personal preference.

As stated, we all know the Z/28 was DESIGNED for the track but lets not forget that it's still a STREET LEGAL car and can be used as such.

It's all a matter or owner/driver preference, but to say that its not a practical daily driver while in the same breath saying the Vette is, doesn't make sense.

I'm a huge Vette fan. Have owned 2 and they're great cars even though I can't fit in the C7 comfortably.

All a matter of opinion......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
A stereo ,air-conditioning, nicer interior, and tires you can drive with if it rains.
Stereo - Z/28 has one (if so optioned)

AC - same as above

Vette Interior is nicer, but the Z/28 and all other Gen5 Camaros have nice interior. The Z/28's interior is just like the interior of any other Gen5 with a few expectations. I like the interior of the C7 & C6 Vettes but I also like the interior of the Gen5 which by being a 4 seater, provides more functionality for daily usage.

Tires - I'll concede on that one. Trofeos aren't well rounded for all usage.

Not trying to jack this thread. Here's a thread about the Z/28 being a DD.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383262

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS

Last edited by Front Runner; 05-29-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote