View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #33
DieHarder

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS - Crystal Red
All,

This thread has been very helpful for trying to get the USB music to work properly. I've been using a 64GB Low-profile drive myself for my music needs. By performing the formatting and modifying the ID tags to make sure everything is consistent, I have had success in getting my music to play. I do have an issue however when adding too many additional tracks at one time after getting into a state that works. I am not near the 10k song cap and only using around 12GB, but every time I add too much additional music (2+albums or artists), the car gets stuck trying to index and then saying no supported data found. I've found a system that kind of works, but is tedious. When i run up to this bad state, I remove recently added music, then take away additional tracks (a few albums or two). This usually brings the car back to indexing properly. I then add back in one album at a time, starting with albums that were previously "good" on the device, until adding the new stuff. Every time I add one, I go back to the car and let it index it. As you can imagine it gets very tedious. I also found that the limit to how much data to be added and running into the error tends to get smaller, the more I add albums. This worries me.

Anyone experience something similar or has some tricks up their sleeve as well?
DieHarder is offline   Reply With Quote