View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 01:35 AM   #261
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I agree that his comment was harsh, but at the same time, I feel like the interior of the 5th gen was poor in both design and materials used. I actually had my heart set on buying a Camaro a couple years ago, but never pulled the trigger, because the interior was Cobalt worthy (which I know, because the car I was getting rid of was a Cobalt). Hard plastics everywhere, crap leather, the screen looked like a thrown in afterthought, and those knobs were an atrocity.

I would still love to get into a Camaro, but I refuse to do so if the interior isn't up to par on all fronts. I'm not expecting a luxury level interior, but the design needs to be tasteful and cohesive, the panels need to be solid and not rattle, and soft touch materials would be nice so you don't have scuffs everywhere. Oh, and let's get some decent leather in there. These cars cost well over $40k loaded up, so lets make it feel like it costs that much on the inside. If $20k cars can have these features, so can the Camaro.

people today is so picky, the camaro has never gotten premium interior, that was job for the firebird or in this case the new camaro performance brother the cts-v, nor my 82 or my 2001 have more than plastic and leather, my father 2011 2ss, was amazing and that interior was my favorite part of the car, because everywhere I looked at, it made me remember I was in a Muscle car, but people its always just looking at the bad side, its never enough... most people don't realize the camaro was designed and build when GM was facing the decisive years to close or be saved (2006-2009) specially 2009 when the imminent GM bankruptcy made people panic... GM could have just cancel the camaro project, but they didn't, the build a performance car in the middle of the biggest economical crisis the company ever had...

still somebody want to complain about the 2010 (2009) camaro interior?

now GM its much stronger, and they have keep working on the camaro, all of the new cars are beautifull and modern, GM learned from their mistakes and they give us the ZL1, 1lE, the 45th edition, the COPO, the Z/28 and now they worked with SLP to bring back the Yenko... some people just cant realize how close we where to not get a 5 gen camaro at all... and they made Offensive comments like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
many of you would buy shit on a stick if GM released it and called it a Camaro.
now this really piss me off