View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #15
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
GM has basically changed their warranty to equal most other OEMs, Toyota included. So there is nothing anyone can use against them for this.

Key is, they weren't selling any more cars for the 100,000 mile warranty. Likely supported by the reduction in Cadillac powertrain warranty a couple of years ago. Guessing that didn't hurt sales so it would support this move.

Not indication of lesser quality at all. Think of it this way. All cars have problems. They have them throughout their useful lives. GM is simply saving money on normal warranty, not necessarily better or worse than the completion. This saves them $$ and allows them to plow that back into product development for better products down the road.

Plain and simple. If they were selling more cars for the 100,000 mile warranty (already reduced on Cadillac in 2013) then they would have continued the warranty.
I do have the impression that the U.S. manufacturers have done a great job in improving their quality in recent years. Just from my own experiences of my father having very bad luck with all the American vehicles he ever owned (including his 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee) I myself have owned 6 Japanese, 1 German, no American. If my plan to buy a Camaro comes to fruition, it will be my first American.

By the way, MSN Autos just did a story about 30 VEHICLES WITH THE MOST NORTH AMERICAN-MADE PARTS, only one Ford in the list, many GM, Honda and Toyota.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/resea...rts/ss-BBhT7Dd

Anyway, yes the 5 year 60 does seem to be the industry standard so probably not a big deal.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote