View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #292
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
I don't believe calling people an idiot is getting people on your side or being respectful but on another note............ This is literally the very first time you stated in this entire thread that grind happened the very first time you ever had the car do a 2-3 redline shift.. Even your original opening posts starts out.... that you have 11,000 miles on the car and 3 track days then you go on to say (paraphrasing) you keep the car maintained by changing fluids and then have 75 laps or so on Laguna Seca.

That is probably is why, actually that is why you are getting the pay to play responses.

If this problem happened the first time on your very first track day like you are now saying, that brings us all to another question. Why would you continue the track day and do another 2 track days on top of that? I can understand a few laps (2-3 max) to make sure it happens 100% of the time. But you have 2 other track days on top of that before getting this checked out?

I'm just trying to understand this now that this happened the very first 2-3 redline shift......because before it seemed that this was a track related issue caused by tracking, not you figured this out the very first time at a track.
I only took to the "idiot" comment due to repeated "pay to play" comments from people who seem to realize that if it was THEIR new car, in the same situation, would expect exactly what i do. That's all...nothing more, nothing less.

as for the problem:
It took that long to get the "oh by the way, the engineer is not coming" phase. I can afford to fix it if it grenades, so I have no problem continuing to track it BUT I still think it is bad customer service from GM, as they never even bothered to look at it. You can search the boards and find another car that just ran into a telephone pole and although they were not smart for how it happened, they do mention that this exact issue (soft clutch system 3rd gear) might have been a part of the cause. I can assure you GM WILL be involved in that one as I can already see the litigation fishing net cast out. I can also assure you (IMO) that there will be NDA's issued to the claimant as part of any settlement as GM does not want to fix 10's of 1000's clutches.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote