View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #282
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS

This is from a 2014 Camaro Warranty Guide. It is the same book that comes in all Chevrolet models, from the Sonic to the Corvette. The word "racing" is a very gray area. If OP is just driving around the track fast because it's illegal to on the streets, I don't think that would be considered racing. As I said before, the dealer is who decides the repair. I've recommended that he find another dealer, tell them the problem he is having, and leave the race track part out. There are a lot of people that do 2nd gear or even 3rd gear pulls to red line on the street, there isn't anything that says that his will void your warranty. OP, you may need to bite the bullet and take a tech or a service advisor for a ride and show them what you are experiencing if they can't duplicate it. As a service advisor, I know where you are coming from, and if you truly think you are not abusing the car, then you have every right to try to get this car fixed. Even more so if you're under the 12 month or 12,000 mile ware warranty.