View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Well...concerning the Mustang, they may have shrunk up the panels a bit to make it look a bit tighter/more modern but I don't think their intention was to make the car any smaller. In fact, I'm fairly certain it sits on the SAME wheelbase as the old car does. It might have lost an inch or so of height, but the footprint remains. The new profile, and new interior is what would have made the car feel more cramped, is my guess anyways.

Also...I'm reaching here, but I think the Mustang's wheelbase is around 107 - 108". Maybe 109??

The 5th gen Camaro's wheelbase is 112" (again...might be wrong here....but I know its a good 3 or 4 inches bigger than Mustang) and if it shrinks to the ATS wheelbase, it will still be 109", which is still as big or bigger than Mustang.

So what I'm trying to say is, I don't think it should feel too much smaller, and definitely not smaller than Mustang. The only issue is how Chevrolet handles the interior. Hopefully they will do their best to give us a comfortable space on the inside, as the one drawback in ATS size versus 5th gen is I'm fairly certain the ATS is not as wide as the 5the 5th gen.

I'm a slim guy and around 5' 10", so I have no worries of feeling like the interior is too small. I just hope its a nice place to be.

Chevy knows we are not going to want a Camaro the size of a BRZ, so I wouldn't have any of those such fears, but I would say something like that, or definitely Miata sized would be my line.