View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 12:57 AM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Size matters.... Right?

So we're thinking smaller platform = lighter, right? I'm not seeing any mention of revolutionary new technology used in the manufacturing process such as lighter materials, etc as of yet, so I can only assume the theoretical weight loss comes from being physically smaller...

The new Mustang gained a little weight, didn't it? It sure seems like it got smaller in size also, but it gained some long overdue new technology (IRS)... The 5th Gen Camaro already had it from the get go, and it was big and heavy. Now it's going to get smaller (in theory)...

On to my point... At what point does smaller become TOO small?

My local Ford dealer finally got some new Mustangs in and I stopped by last night... I have disliked most pictures I have seen of them online, especially the rear end. In person, (forgive me for what I'm about to say), in my opinion, it's actually a pretty good looking car (the rear end still sucks, but it looks better in person than the pictures make it look)...

So I sat it in... The seats were super comfortable, the interior was wayyyy nice....

BUT... It felt claustrophobic-ally small and cramped in the cabin once I got over how comfortable the seat was and closed the door. And not that I was considering buying a new Mustang, but any and all hope for it went right out the window.

I'm a pretty big dude... I want the Camaro to shed some pounds, but not I'm not willing to sacrifice comfort for anything. Especially if I have to drive the car every single day.

So my question to you is... How small is to small? Is there a too small for you? Or do you just want the car to go as fast as humanly possible whatever the sacrifices may be?

(PS, GM, you have to fix the rounded looking quarter window it looks like the 6th gen may have if it does have it. It looks really out of place. I hope it's not rounded.)
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote