View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #26
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
You really seem to either be extremely butthurt, or have some personal vendetta against Ford. You seem to be trying to grasp at anything you can to try and discredit Ford. I would wager that if GM posted a similar video you would be on the bandwagon waving a GM flag, questioning nothing.
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

What's wrong (or "butthurt") with ASKING for explanation and clarification when:

1) The "we ONLY did this" LIST is NOT FACTUAL, in totality?

2) THEIR video evidence does NOT support THEIR self-created LIST!

3) This information is being disseminated WIDELY (forums-Facebook-YouTube-magazine sites etc.) by MANY and being swallowed AS DESCRIBED by literally 1,000s as being FACTUAL AS STATED, when CLEARLY it is NOT...

This is part-and-parcel of a new-Gen sophisticated social media Marketing Plan, propagated by Ford and, therefore, sanctioned by Ford. And what is being spread "as gospel", ISN'T...

If this was any other product(s) being marketed by any other company(ies), the groundswell of consumer revolt would be WIDESPREAD. And FULLY justified...

So, I'm "butthurt" because a car company is spreading spurious information as FACT? If it was GM or Mopar or VW instead of Ford, it would NOT make the situation any more acceptable...PERIOD! Only, this time, it's Ford's OWN VIDEO and narrative that is damning...

Go back and listen to the video...c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y...and the speeches given ("bone stock") are NOT FACTUAL...are they? Neither is "the LIST"...

As "critical" as you may find my scrutiny of this Ford-created video, you can be SURE there are 100s of Ford fans spouting the times as FACT...and the necessary TOTAL modifications are being "lost in translation"... because they have NOT been FULLY revealed.

More Ford oversell...like "weight loss" and several other engineering-incorrect tidbits released by Ford during this Launch, including the "wheelie". Bullsh!t is another applicable term...

"Lies, damned lies, statistics".

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 09-27-2014 at 12:13 PM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote