Thread: LFX Cams?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #301
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutLFX View Post
I made the decision not to go ahead with this project months ago. The skinny is they only made 15 rwhp on a install that mace did down under, so I told him to keep them. He said that they hit a wall with the tune...which is what most people say when their parts don't work as expected. Totally not worth my time to deal with them for 15 hp. He offered them to me free and I said, no thanks, if that tells you anything. I did however get most of my money back. He paid for all of the damage to my car, cams, shipping bla bla bla. The only thing I was out was the import tax. FI is the way to go with this engine design.
In our defense we were never told that you were out of pocket import taxes etc. We would have certainly refunded this. At the end of the day, we reimbursed you around $3300 in labor costs, so why would I hold off on these taxes?

We also did the honorable thing and told you of the findings we found recently with additional developments here instead send you out the cams, hoping things would be different. We responsibly err'd on the side of caution, despite having previous results to suggest that the gains were closer to those as advertised (possibly due to the larger exhaust pipes that this car was running directly after the heads).

Like everyone else in the scene, I wish we were at a stage where there was conclusive evidence that they work well on an LFX engine from a performance perspective (otherwise they fit and run well 100%), but we're not there yet. My gut tells me though that the integrated exhaust port is what will largely hurt gains in performance with cams, however there are a still a few things that we can try to get around this.

Despite this though, until we can completely do all of the tuning/testing R&D ourselves this product has been suspended indefinitely.

We are still working hard with the LFX engine though, with aftermarket springs and improved chains to suit available, so we're not giving up. Just a pain making NA power with an LFX engine, unlike say an LLT or LY7 manifold upgrades etc.

Hope this has provided an insight into this project.

Kindest Regards,
Steve
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote