View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #607
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeifer View Post
Installed mine a few weeks ago (34,000 miles) and have changed the fluid 4 times since. After 1 week the new fluid is amber. How long should the fluid stay clear? Did I not flush it out enough yet?
I change mine with every oil change. If you track the car, you should change it much more often. Normal brake fluids are hygroscopic, and absorb moisture from the air, which creates that amber color you see. Its not something that you can prevent unless you move to a Dot5 or other silicone based brake fluids. Its not something that will be harmful either unless you go long periods of time without changing it.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote