View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #70
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
I buy a vehicle because I like it and it fills a need or want, for whatever reason(s) that may be. My dad works and will retire from GM and my Grandfather retired from Cadillac, so I have always had more GM built vehicles, but I've also owned and enjoyed many others. Do I typically prefer GM cars/trucks, in a lot of cases yes, probably also due to the fact that they are what I am most familiar with.

To me, unless your working for a company and not wanting to bite the hand that feeds you (which I completely understand), I think 100% brand loyalty where you can not buy or admit that any other vehicle is nice is kind of silly, after all we are talking about corporations here that are ran by human beings, and many of those human beings have hopped around from manufacturer to manufacturer. Its not uncommon at all for engineers and Exec's to work for multiple manufacturers over a period of time, so in the end its just a group of people putting out a product. Its not as if buying a GM always = outcome A, and buying a Ford always = outcome B, things are constantly changing and advancing in the automotive world, and sometimes they even step backwards in terms of quality or design. So might the current Camaro be better than the current Mustang, or the current F150 better than the current Silverado, maybe, but I think its pretty ignorant to generalize one car manufacturer better than another across the board for everything, and that's where "fanboys" can get annoying.

That's just my 2 cents, probably only worth 1 though

- Bill
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote