View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #38
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I was posting a reply much in the same vein as Scotts post about a month and a half ago... I stopped midway through it b/c I felt (knew) that it would be like shooting spitballs at a tank.

Having said that, I agree 100% Mr. Settlemire, I am blown away by how much GM tries to listen.

We hear about the new super Camaro in the works and what is involved. The purists say, Were glad, but this shouldn't be a Z/28. Too heavy and the Z was never anything other than a hi rev track-focused car. How about calling it a ZL1 or a 1LE instead? BAM, we get a ZL1, 1LE soon after AND GM still followed through and gave the world the Z/28 we've been lusting over for last. No one expected that and most companies would have stood pat.

We cried about a bland blank interior, BAM, new updated interior for 2012.

We ask for nav and smartphone integration, BAM, 2013 MY sees MyLink std, nav available.

We create polls for a new medium-blue, BAM, new blue coming.

That's a small example but I think most logical people agree and understand. IMO GM probably listens a bit too much as it relates to Camaro for my tastes. You can't argue with the results though.

Camaro is one of the few car lines that isn't decontented while the price goes up and up. The way team Camaro @ GM has gone about doing business and the relationship with it's Camaro loyalists should be studied. Notice how Camaro has consistently beaten it's competition over the life of the 5th gen?

So long as GM focuses on this formula and continually listens to it's base, then I see no reason why Camaro should ever relinquish it's hold on the title of best selling car in the segment, but selling pony car in the world.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote