View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #40
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Twin turbo is sick, more so with AWD.

Still, I guess I am a purist, or what not, but the character of this car and the history has been the fabled V-8. The legendary small block V-8 with push rods, I mean strip that away and is it really a Camaro? Things evolve and change and as I get older I see it more all the time. Progress? Depends on definition.

Can a GM TT V-6 out gun an import doing the same? No. It can try it for less no doubt and gain plenty of support. Multi-valve and overhead cams? Sure, but why buy a Camaro? All this "new" tech exists and has for some time. You can buy one tomorrow in lots of models.

I am not against performance, efficiency, and bottom line numbers (drag strip/road course/etc). I just believe in my heart the Camaro (and the Corvette) are singular American icons. They not only stand for something, they ARE something. Maybe it's not tangible. Maybe I cannot express it well here in writing. Maybe only us in the older than 35 bracket even know what I am talking about. Maybe I am an idiot, distinct possibility!

Very glad my 2014 Camaro is in process. A dream car for me, one I always wanted.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote