Thread: LLT Twin Turbo
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #22
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
That's comparing apples to oranges. We really don't know much about the Leno car so we can't say if 7 psi on that isn't flowing the same CFM as 12 psi for this kit. It is the amount of air flowing in that determines the power you make, pressure is just determines how quickly you deliver it.

That being said, with proper fueling and VVT tuning I don't see why 12 psi will be too much for the LLT internals. The issue will be if the HPFP can supply enough fuel to support the CFM delivered at that pressure. We do know the pump for the LLT doesn't flow as much as the one for the LFX, so that will probably be the limiting factor.
That makes sense, I'll be the first to say I dont know much about turbocharging.. before this Ive never even considered turbos on anything. Every car ive ever built performance wise has been old school.. but the more I learn about turbos the more I like the idea of it. And seems a good fit with our motors.

I really dont even care about the peak hp numbers and all that I just want what will the most fun on the street.. I wont be going to the drag strip just everyday driving fun! Thats one thing that I like about hp turbines dyno is how early the power and torque come in. The ipf supercharger doesnt seem to do much until 4k and up.. I like the low end torque of the turbos. Seems like it would be alot more fun.

Its just scary for a guy like me thats not loaded to spend $7k on something not knowing for sure how it would work out. From what I can tell hp turbine loves his kit but hes just one guy. Id hate to have a ton of problems with it after the fact with the mail order tuning and all, im in Oklahoma so its not like I would be able to take my car in there and problem solve anything.

Your car is awesome btw!!!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote