View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #1043
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
And the lack of foresight may be repeating because, as I said at the beginning of this thread, there is no known market for a 4 cylinder Camaro. There is a market for 4 cylinder sporty compacts, but not 4 cylinder muscle/pony cars. We've been there, we know this.
Well, obviously, the new 4-banger Mustang will be an interesting test case. If it sells as well as (or better than) the V6, then clearly there is a market for 4-cyl pony cars.

I personally don't really care one way or the other. I doubt I would ever consider a 4-cyl Camaro... UNLESS we're talking about a Camaro that scales down to 9/10 its current size/weight. Then all bets are off.

Even if Camaro doesn't go on any kind of diet, a 280+ hp turbo 4 wouldn't be embarrassment. I probably wouldn't want one, but it wouldn't be a disgrace to the Camaro name. On the other hand, some sort of 'budget 4,' like the base engine in the ATS actually would be embarrassing. Not to say that it would be this generation's 'Iron Duke,' but it would have a lot of people (including me) saying, 'Geez, if they have to do THAT, why bother?'
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote