Thread: Camaro vs Pony
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #60
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
Chevy makes a fast stock 1/4 car, its called a corvette...

IMO the design of the new Camaro was meant to give an average joe fun on the track and street. "Track" being a speedway with corners.

We are just too heavy and wide to be good drag cars stock.

If you look at all the evolutions of the Camaro (1LE, Zl1, Z/28) they all involve handling in that track setting, not straight lines.

I will be curious to see if the new mustang looses some of that straight line advantage with Ford putting IRS in.
This is funny since Chevy makes a fast handling car built for the road course track......
It's called the Corvette LOL.
GM has always made the Corvette their great handling car and the F body a great straight line car. With the 5th gen they tried to make it handle with sports cars yet it will never be a true sports car no mater how great it handles. That is what I don't understand about GM. Let the Corvette set records at the ring but let the Camaro stay true to its heritage as a great 1/4 car first and foremost. The average Joe likes to be fast in a straight line. The amount of pony car owners who engage in some sort of straight line race vs a road course is probably 100 to 1. Sometimes I think GM worries about pleasing the Euro trash magazine writers/drivers for a good review rather than the general American public.