Thread: Camaro vs Pony
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #59
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Mad? I've been on here longer than you man (Not to play that card) and actually contribute as an enthusiast.

Fastest times ever are 12.2 for a 5.0 and 12.5 for an SS. How is that dead even?

Dead even means there is no gaining for either side in a straight line. So, if they are dead even in a straight line, that means that with equal drivers on a road course, they will be nearly dead even. Not to the extent of what you said earlier that a 1LE DESTROYS a 5.0 like it is minutes faster.

I race in real life, at a track, not on the street. How about you? Any 1/4 mile times for your SS? Have you driven a 5.0 and 1LE and raced against both? I've driven an SS LS3, a 5.0 and I can say the 5.0 is faster. Not to the extent you described the 1LE being on a road course, but, I'd say I could probably pull a good car or two with an equal driver in a 5.0 down the 1/4.
That 12.2 is BS considering it was at Cecil which is a downhill track. Don't know where the SS got a 12.5 but if it was at Cecil then it is a BS time as well. IMO, the fastest bone stock Coyote has run 12.4. Any records broken at Cecil should not count.

I honestly think the SS is going to lose unless the GT driver messes up. OP's intake doesn't do much, might even hurt, cat back does nothing for this car and if that's a email tune without data logging it won't help that much either.