View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #39
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
there are a lot of variables here ....you cant just replace the PCM like you could in the old days...they are all dependent on each other and share and mirrior some of the same information in order to swap PCM's the dealer needs to do it OR.... someone with GM testing and diagnostic equipment which at this moment happens to beproprietary....at least for certain years anyway.....

the other poster said it best you can have warranty work done even though you have modded and tuned your car...it will depend on the circumstance and frankly who the dealership and GM rep are and what mood there in. and as he stated even major work such as engine and drivetrain failure

as for the claims from some that can "hide" or tune and return to stock without GM having the ability to tell....i would challenge them to take your PCM down to GM and say "show me" its a wild calaim and i would love to talk/email them regarding that issue..i am willing to bet that they will either disclaim that statement or find a way to say "what we mean is" ....something to the effect that "under certain circumstances they cant"

you get where i am going with the whole "return to stock and they wont know" thing

Great posting chase!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote