Thread: More LF3 News
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #38
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
What is the price for the heads, and does it look like they bolt to the LFX block?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
I'll have to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I want to know how much of the internals would work with the LLT and if the HPFP is compatible.
Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Comparing pictures of the LFX and LF3 it looks like you might have to move or replace the power steering pump and relocate the oil filter to fit the left side turbo. Once you remove the power steering pump you have to move the belt idler. The last thing I noticed it that the LF3 intake looks a bit taller and wider than the LFX, but I can't tell if that would be enough to make hood and tower brace clearance a problem. Do you see any parts listed for this, or do you think we would we be on our own to fabricate this stuff?
Note on page 3 I have circled the oil filer adapter that moves the oil filter location to the lower area of the engine below the turbo. As far as the power steering goes, since this is currently a Cadillac application, and I don't see a power steering pump on the engine, I imagine that it is equipped with electric power steering... Getting around that could be one of the major hang ups.
I do not believe that the factory Camaro strut tower brace will clear the LF3 intake, but it may be possible that the ZL1 brace will clear it.
Attached Images

Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote