Thread: 2015 Ford F150
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #49
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
The Ecoboost makes similar power as the 5.0 and GMs new 5.3, and makes similar TQ to Fords 6.2. So by what your saying they all have the power of a V7? I'm confused I'm not sure what a V7 is? Was it a typo?

Like stated earlier there has been a few issues with condensation, but the number of issues compared to the number sold is a very low percent. IDK where your 60K + mile nightmare is coming from! but I know several people that have ecoboosts with 110K + miles with no issues other than general maintenance. I used an Ecoboost as a work truck for a short period and I always got every bit of the advertised gas milage. Out on the highway 21-22 easy. Same with any vehicle gas milage depends on how your drive it. I personal owned a 5.0 F150 and am more impressed by the milage it gets compared to the Ecoboost, on the highway I get 21 all day. Loved the sound from the 5.0 but the power was better in the Ecoboost

Gas milage are trucks with 4wd. My 5.0 F150 had 3:73 rear I think the Eco had 3:55s

I'm not sure what your referring to by the spark plug issue, can you educate me on the issue? I haven't heard of an issue so I'm curious. Unless your referring to the 3V spark plugs?

isn't the ecoboost and gm's new 6.2 rated very similar for fuel economy? but the 6.2 blows it away in power and rated towing capacity.

in the 2v's they would blow the plugs right out of the heads. in the 3v's they would seize in solid.