View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I dont understand all the talk about lift.I had both my 2011 1LTRS/RS and my 1LE at 155 I had absolutely no lift on either.
Lift is not something that you will instantly feel, and make you say, "oh my Allah, I'm lifting now!"

It is something that will show on the clock though, when going around the Nurburgring say.

Not what I was looking for, but here is a Car and Driver excerpt concerning Z28 vs SS.

"More than cosmetic, these changes develop net downforce, versus the Camaro SS, which has about 200 pounds of lift at 150 mph. Moreover, Stielow says that having more downforce in the rear than in the front enhances stability. There’s even an accessory Gurney flap that attaches to the rear wing for more."

I also recall reading on this very forum homepage, that the Z28 rear wing aero package provides a whopping 400+ lb of downforce at 160mph, whereas again, it mentions the SS creates lift.

I'm too lazy to find it now, but trust me, it's there.

I'll finish off though by saying, extra downforce does create a penalty on overall Cd. That means peak top spead (the topic here) might be less on a car creating more downforce .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote