View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #128
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
The same could and sometimes is said by the V8 guys about anyone who chooses to drive a V6 Camaro or Mustang.

Look, I'm an old fart and a V8 guy through and through when it comes to what I buy for myself, but I also understand that the general automotive buyer today is a lot different than me, so I'm okay with manufacturers doing what they need to do to ensure they remain relevant in the 21st century rather than seeing the situation that occurred in the '70's happen again. Back then, the big three built the same types of cars they had always been building (large, heavy, mainly v8-powered) despite rapidly changing market conditions and those that were laughed at by those same organizations, Datsun, Toyota, etc. built cars that appealed to the times and, as a result, are now equally if players in global automotive sales.
I meant to say beat a camaro . But I agree ! we all change with times and a V6 was always offered not a 4 banger. But hey, a 4 Banger has been a part of the mustang life . So they can make them if they won't. To me it's no so much about the V8 HP but the growl of the V8 that I like. Which is why I will be getting a SS soon.

But the V6 wasn't about making more horsepower than the V8 , that's what you made it seem like with the 4 Banger having more horsepower than the V6 and V8. Which was never the V6 motive.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote